...and the things I learned while I was there.
+ Baby ocelots are painfully adorable (and extremely difficult to photograph).
- It's really scary to have your name announced over the PA on an airplane, especially in a language that you don't understand very well.
+ Toilets with a bidet-spray-thingie are pretty much the best invention of modern plumbing.
- When you buy an airplane ticket, the name you give them really should match your name on your passport. They seem rather un-fond of cute nicknames.
+ Jaguars really do want to be friends with me!
- Don't cross the street and expect traffic to slow down for you.
+ Caipirinhas are extremely alcoholic.
- There exists a cheese that withstands the heat of grilling without melting.
+ Fresh fruit make the best juice ever.
- Money can fix a lot of problems, but it can't buy you ranch dressing if it doesn't exist.
+ "Dessert pizza" sounds foul but it it actually pretty tasty.
- Straight up mayonnaise isn't the worst salad dressing in the world, but I certainly don't recommend it.
+ Don't worry, you guys! Wal-Mart really does exist in Brazil.
And THAT, my friends, is how I celebrate learning things from traveling. For Mary, of course.
P.S. All those foreign food package photos are for you, A-M. The grocery store was a serious challenge!