Monday, September 9, 2013

brazilian faces

Her eyes are captivatingly creepy.
And gigantic - this is a sketch I did of a floor-to-ceiling mural that we spotted in a Japanese restaurant.
It was our first night here. 
We ate a lot of sushi. :)




We went on a very long stroll on Saturday afternoon.  We had been warned that everything is closed on Saturday and Sunday, but we wanted to see what's around, anyway.  (Turns out there's a drug store open on every corner, practically - we got some sunscreen, which is very necessary here.)

I just thought this was a surprising bit of architecture, hanging out over an otherwise unassuming doorway.


In case you are a fan of the street art (as I am), you should know that it's alive and well, here in Sao Carlos.  This little lady helps me remember where to turn to get back to the hotel. Did I say little? Her face is a little over six feet high....or person-sized, to scale it for you.

Until next time...
Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment