Wednesday, May 13, 2015

rainbow curtain





Today you get a rare peek into part of my workspace.
It's the "pretty" part - the one that's not a chaotic pile of stuff.
This is where I hang things up to dry. Like this curtain that I painted.
And some envelopes I've been working on.


Look at it! Revel in its rainbow glory!




 It lives in the kitchen now.
It goes with the red walls and the orange tablecloth that I made last week.
It makes me insanely happy every time I see it.  That might wear off, eventually. But for now, I'm a little sad because I wonder how much time will pass before I make something this "perfect" again.
(I'm a little competitive with myself.)
Speaking of perfection, I just want to mention that my apartment looks pretty neat in these photos.
Do not be fooled!
It's mostly a wreck.
I make a few photograph-able corners, now and then. I *do* wish that everything could be aesthetically pleasing all the time, but that's not real life.
 And it would require many overstuffed closets.
And possibly a maid.
Anyway...cheers to pretty curtains, clean-ish corners that you're happy to photograph, and not being Martha Stewart!


4 comments:

  1. That curtain is amazing!! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'm a little bit in love with it.

      Delete
  2. the curtain is indeed really fantastic, wowowow! i just love the way the light illuminates it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) This might be why I can't stop staring at it.

      Delete