Saturday, August 24, 2024

a wearable art tool

 I like tools. I like bracelets. I like making things. I like things that have layers of personal history.


I’ve always got my eyes peeled for things I can press into the ol’ gelli plate for texture. Eventually, I looked at my bracelet in a considering kind of way. Well? Sure, but let’s make it wood. So I made myself a new bracelet.


A real, working bracelet!

And then I rolled it straight on the plate, which leaves little dot marks behind, and picks up little dots onto the beads. This is a two-for-one action, and the efficiency pleases me.


Painty dots picked up, and un-painty dots left behind!

But that’s just the beginning, right? Everything needs another layer. Or three. 


Layer two

Layer three


…which yielded a pile of turquoise-painted circles of cardstock, that I punched holes into and use as paper hole reinforcers. I may have to dedicate a post to that particular joy.


Next project, please!

So - my bracelet is much more interesting than it used to be, and there’s a small (but growing) chance that I’ll take it apart and use the beads in other bracelets. They look good together, but they might look amazing next to some other beads.


And I have a growing collection of monoprints for sale on ko-fi.com, as chewytulip, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment