Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Let’s take it down to a 7 day cycle!

 Here I am, one week later! 

Have I thought much about what to write? Why, no, I’ve been quite irresponsible about that.

 However, I continue to accumulate photos of what I’ve been making, and I think I’d better just try to keep up with that, and the explanations that go with the photos.   (In other words, we’ll be flying by the seats of our collective pants!)


You can find this printable on ko-fi.com at selvage’s shop!

I have been enamored with artiststamps again, or faux postage, or whatever you want to call it. I had a small fling with a roll of washi tape that ripped into postage stamp-shaped stickers, but I fell out of love when I realized that the adhesive wasn’t very good. I mean, it’s washi tape, so it is repositionable, but i really do expect to find it stuck where I left it, not curled up beside it. 

This artiststamp interest, coupled with the most excellent news that I FOUND A GLUE THAT DOESN’T DRIVE ME CRAZY (hooray! 🎉) meant that I could explore printables again. And so - Donovan Beeson (aka Selvage on ko-fi.com) makes some really cool shit. Like this printable sheet of Lunar New Year tiger stamps. 


My printer only uses black ink, but it’s laser, so I can paint over it.

And a few weeks ago I lost my mind about…tags? Tag-shaped items? It’s kind of a thing in the swapping community, and the junk-journaling community, and probably elsewhere. 

So anyway, I made a tag with a fake postage stamp on it. And I like it!

No, I really don’t have much use for tags, but I sure made a LOT of them, while I was digging them.


Then I also stuck one in my journal.

The snowflake postcard is taraDACTYL’s work, which I bound into my journal and used as color inspiration for these two pages. The tiger fit right in!


I might glue some tigers onto my Halloween-themed mail. They’re not exactly on theme, but they are in the right color scheme. And will I force the tigers into a Christmas theme, for Christmas post when the time comes? Yeah, maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment